Thursday, May 13, 2010

NASA Tweetup - Day 1 Thoughts!

Update: 8:09 AM - Waiting a few minutes for the Welcome Ceremony to start on UStream!  Watch this live on the link at the top-right!

Well, I made it!  I am now sitting in the NASA Tweetup "Twent" (Tent) getting ready for our official welcome ceremony.  Let me tell you that I have already had the time of a lifetime.  This morning, I woke up at about 5:15 am, too excited to sleep anymore!  I messed around with this blog for a bit, then it was time to head to Kennedy Space Center.  As I was driving up, I could see the Vehicle Assembly Building off in the distance, and I realized that I was in for a great two days.

Next, we had to stop at the Press Center right outside of the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) gates.  There we got our badges and credentials for the event.  How cool is it to have a Press Badge around my neck at NASA?  Then, the after passing through three seperate security checks, we were told to just "drive to the build building up ahead!"  That would be the Vehicle Assembly Building, where the Space Shuttles are "stacked."  I never realized how magnificent and huge this building is!  What a site to see!  We parked right outside the VAB and headed over to the Press Site and the "Twent."  While walking over, we saw the Shuttle Training Aircraft pass overhead twice, which carried the Commander and Pilot of STS-132 making practice landings at the Space Shuttle Landing Facility.

So here I sit, like a kid in a candy store, waiting for what will happen next!  Stay tuned!  Watch for pictures on the lower-right hand corner of the screen!

Have fun today!

No comments: